WHAT IS STRESS?
Life Has Become A Race, A Man-Made Race for the Survival & We All Are A Part of This Race. This Race Is Full Of Stress Or Tension. Every Male, Female Whether Child, Adult or Old Aged; In Any Phase of Life Like Student, Professional, Housewife or Retired, Everyone Is Under Stress. The Stress May Be Due To Any Reason Like Study, Job, Social Or Family. In Other Words, We Can Say That Our Life Is Full Of Stress And We Are In A Habit To Take Stress Or We Are Addicted To Stress. Here We Are Giving Many emphases on Stress Because Stress Is a major Cause of More Than 90 % Of the Diseases. Slight Itch To Cancer , Any Disease Or Disease Condition Could Be Caused Due To Stress.
What is Stress?
TYPES OF STRESS:-
Depending Upon The Circumstances Stress May Be:-
Acute On Chronic
ROLE OF HORMONES DURING STRESS
During Stress our adrenal glands release Three Stress Hormones Namely Adrenaline, Norepinephrine And Cortisol. Adrenaline And Norepinephrine Are The Two Hormones Which Are Responsible For Immediate Reaction Or Arousal During Stress. Adrenaline Is Also Called As ‘’Flight Or Fight’’ Hormone. Mental & Physical Changes Due To Release Of Adrenaline And Norepinephrine During Stress Include Sharpness Of Mind, Quick Actions, Instant Flow Of Energy, Faster Respiratory Rate And Faster Heartbeat. When The Stress Becomes Chronic Then A Hormone Named Cortisol Is Released. The Release Of Cortisol Can Be Beneficial At The Beginning, But Its Regular Production Is Harmful To Almost Every Organ System Of The Body Like Immune System,Nervous System, Digestive System, Cardiovascular System, Circulatory System, Respiratory System, Excretory System,Endocrine And Reproductive System.When The Stress Goes Away Or The Stress Is For The Shorter Period, These Hormones Come Down To Their Normal Level Gradually But The Effect Of Chronic Stress Remains For A Longer Period Of Time And Causes A Major Harm To The Individual
Causes of Stress
Internal Stress Causes
- Over Expectations, Over Thinking, Over Ambitious
- Sexual Mindedness, Perversions
- Suspiciousness, Jealousy
- Timidity, Shyness, Low Self - Esteem, Lack Of Confidence, Fear Of Taking Anything New, Inferiority Complex
- Negative Thinking, Permission, Phobias
- Perfectionism And Fastidiousness
- Hysteria, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Schizophrenia, Maniac Depression
External Stress Causes
There are two types of external causes
- Normal Stress
- Abnormal Stress
Causes of Normal Stress
When The Word Stress Comes In Our Mind We Always Relate It To The Negative Reasons But There Are Some Normal Reasons & Some Good Reasons Also Where We Can Feel Stress. Which Are:-
- Family Or Friends
- Marriage, Examination, Job Interview, Appointment, Meeting, Conference Or Seminars Etc.
- Buying A House Or Property, Car, Jewellery Or Furniture Etc.
- Changing School, College Or Job
- Facing Anything New
- Retirement, Promotion Or Award
- Unusual Responsibility
- Monetary Gain
Causes of Abnormal Stress
- Family Problem
- Health (Own Or Near & Dear Ones)
- Job Stress
- Relationship Difficulties
- Financial Matters
- Money Or Property Dispute
- Matrimonial Dispute
- Deception Or Betrayal
- Grief, Sorrow, Care, Worries & Anger
- Death Of Near & Dear One
- Unrealistic Expectations
- Loneliness, Forsaken, Isolation Or Solitude
- Sedentary Habits
- Drugs And Alcohol
- Insecurity Or Uncertainty About Future
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Rigid Thinking, Lack Of Flexibility
STRESS GOOD OR BAD
SIGN & SYMPTOMS OF STRESS
- Anxiety, Apprehension, Anticipation, Worry, Guilt, Panic Attacks
- Frustration, Irritability, Overreaction At Trifles, Anger, Rage, Mania
- Loneliness, Sadness, Depression, Weeping, Withdrawal From Society, Suicidal Thought, Forsaken Feeling & Isolation, Neglecting Responsibilities, Using Alcohol, Cigarettes Or Drugs
- Lack Of Confidence, Mood Swings, Feeling Of Uselessness, Negative Thinking, Suspiciousness, Brain Fag
- Weakness, Easily Fatigue, Nervousness, Hesitation, Fainting Spells, Cold Sweat From Forehead, Sweaty Palm And Sole
- Headache, Migraine, Brain Fag, Drowsiness, Vertigo, Memory Problems, Constant Worrying, No Rest In Any Place, Agony
- Bruxism, Speech Difficulty, Stammering, Hasty Speech, Trembling Of Hands, Stiffness In Neck & Shoulder, heaviness & Tightness Of Jaw, Jaw-dropping
- Stress Eating (Eating More Or Less), Obesity, Flatulence, Nausea, Eructation, Hyper Acidity, Heartburn, Constipation Or Diarrhoea, Piles
- Loss of sexual desires, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation
- Breathing Problem, Sighing, Chest Pain, Palpitations, Rapid Pulse, Hypochondriasis, Panic Attacks
- Acne, Blemishes, Frequent Urination, Loss Of Libido, Premature Ejaculation,
- Sleeping Disorders, Insomnia, Unpleasant Dreams. Horrible Dreams
- Difficult Concentration, Confusion, Forgetfulness, Indecisiveness, Indifferent To Loved Ones, No Interest In Anything, Poor Performance
- Washing of hands always, fear of infection, checking lock always Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Hysteria, Schizophrenia
Effects of stress on the bodyStress Is the Cause of More Than 90 % Of the Diseases In us. Slight Itch To Cancer Any Disease Or Disease Condition Could Be Caused Due To Stress. Stress Is Felt In Our Brain, Affects Our Mental Level First Then It Affects Our Physical Level. It affects all the organ systems of our body.
- Circulatory:- Arrhythmia, Angina, Myocardial Ischemia Atherosclerosis, Heart Attack Or Heart Failure, Murmurs, Dyslipidaemia, Hyper Or Hypotension, Cardiomegaly, Stroke Respiratory:- Asthma, Bronchitis, Breathlessness, Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases, Chronic Lungs Disease
- Digestive:- Flatulence, Bloating, Indigestion, Constipation, Gastritis, Peptic Ulcers, Hyperacidity, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Anorexia, Nausea Vomiting, Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease, Celiac Disease, Gall Stones, Gallbladder Polyps, Haemorrhoids And Piles, fatty liver, Liver Cirrhosis, Chronic liver disease
- Excretory :- Urinary Tract Infection, Kidney Stones, Kidney Failure, renal parenchymal disease
- Nervous :- Vertigo, Dizziness, Numbness, Tingling, Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Psychosis, Parkinson, Peripheral Neuropathy, Brain Stroke, Schizophrenia, Confusion, Seizures
- Endocrine :- Hormonal Imbalance, Hypo Or Hyperthyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus, Growth Disorders, Pituitary Tumor, Obesity
- Immune:- Autoimmune Disorders, Recurrent Infections, Increased Risk Of Cancer
- Integumentary Or Skin:- Acne, Warts, Moles, Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Vitiligo, Skin Cancer
- Skeletal & Muscle:- Cervical Spondylitis, Lumbar Spondylitis, Osteoarthritis, Gout, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Arthritis, Myalgia
- Reproductive:- In Males- Low Sperm Count, Loss Of Libido, Erectile Dysfunction, Impotency, Infertility Premature Ejaculation, Prostate Enlargement, Seminal Emission. In Females- Acne, Blemishes, Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection, PCOD, Infertility, Irregular Menses, Leucorrhoea, Fibroid Uterus, Loss Of Libido, Pre Menstrual Tension, Cervicitis
Avoid Unhealthy Ways To Deal With The Stress Like Smoking, Caffeine, Alcohol, Sedatives, Drugs, Withdrawing From The Society, Involving Too Much Into TV, Mobiles, Gaming Or Gambling. Stress May Be Managed At Physical, Mental & Social Levels Because Health As Defined By World Health Organization Is “A State Of Complete Physical, Mental And Social Well-Being And Not Merely The Absence Of Disease Or Infirmity”.
- Physical Activity: Exercise, Gym, Walking, Jogging, Running, Meditation, Yoga And Cycling.
- Diet:Take Healthy Nutritious Diet. Avoid Junk Food, Tea, Coffee, Fatty Fried Or Sugary Food.
- Sleep:Take Proper Rest.
- Make Good Friends.
- Mingle With People.
- Talk To Everyone Who Come Across You.
- Don’t Avoid People.
- Always Keep Smiling.
- Give Compliments.
- Happiness Is A Great Remedy.Find Out The Ways To Make You Feel Happy.
- Minimize Your Expectations,Minimize Your Ego And Pride.
- Give Yourself Time, Go On A Walk Alone Or With Someone You Are Comfortable With.
- Introspect Yourself,Try To Find Out The Cause Of Your Stress,Improve Your Ability To Handle The Stress.
- Feel That You Are Special,Everyone Needs You.
- Avoid Negative Thoughts,Be Hopeful.
- Read Good Motivational Books.
- Accept your failures in life. Make plans and strategies to convert this failure into success.
- Forgiveness is a great remedy.
- Free Yourself From Past Memories And Experiences,Don’t Worry About Future,Free Yourself In Present Of Any Attachment And Hatred
- Talk To Someone
- Don’t guilt over anything
- Find the solution of your problems, if you can’t then leave the problem